I am going to attempt to complete CPD23 again, last time, I found that work, home and life got in the way of trying to get myself through the 23 weeks. I also found bloging really difficult - mainly because I thought who would want to listen to my thoughts and comments about the library world and my experiences. But actually I have over the last couple of months realised that my own thougths are just as valuable.
I have now over 10 years of working in libraries - wow - that was a bit of a shock when I realised this. I have worked as a library assistant, librarian, trainer and now I am an e-resources co-orindator. So there is lots and lots of knowledge and experience from all of these years. I do feel that I have not learnt everything that there is and that there is still so more to learn. I am a chartered librarian since 2007, and I am embarking on my revalidation, something which I am hoping undertaking this online course will help me to complete. After all the use of the reflection is something which blogs can be used for.
Over the last ten years things have changed dramatically, the use of blogs, twitter and the internet has made the library world so much smaller. I signed up to email discussion lists, the knowledge and friendliness of other professionals who had been there and tried that, was incredible. This was very much a push experience, as the information came directly to the inbox and their the information is still invaluable. Now this information can be found on blogs, searching and finding this information is a bit alien to me so I am very much looking forward to learning how to do this.
I am looking forward to finding out about the different social media and useful tools which will help me in my working life - as well as a way of finding new networks.
So here goes.....
Glad you're back on the wagon (so to speak), and looking forward to reading your posts!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura - been trying to catch up this afternoon. Playing round with the features of blogger, surprising what I have found:)
ReplyDelete