This is a very interesting topic, as the Internet has made everyone more searchable. I will admit that I did google myself and wow,up came the reports and articles which I had written appear. Although some of the results do not include me. I had some business cards printed lasted year and I was not sure what photo I should use on the front of the card. It took me ages to work out which one I wanted to use. I am not the must comfortable of people and I do prefer to stay out of the limeline. My twitter account has a avatar rather than a photo of me. My linkedin profile does have a photo of me, but it is a couple of years out of date, so this post has made me realise that I do need to do some updating.
Last year at the CDG New Professionals Suzanne Wheatly spoke about the importance of your online presence, as a way for employers to do some "research" on yourself. So it is important to ensure that everything is upto date and correct, it is also important to make sure that all of your online persona say the same thing. She also commented that it was important to keep your personal and professional life separate
I do have a very clear line between my professional and personal life. My twitter and linked in account is for professional purposes and my facebook account is for personal use. I am now going to investigate how my blog can be used as a promotional tool. So there maybe some changes, watch this space.....
No comments:
Post a Comment